Thursday, July 08, 2010

Silence Day


It was only by accident that I remembered July 10th is Silence Day and like last year I'm able to observe it once again, or at least try to. I tried for the first time last year and slipped up a couple of times by inadvertently speaking. In my case, the habit of speaking proved impossible to stop even for a day but Baba succeeded in maintaining silence for 44 years. Here is the link to my post from 2009 but I'll repeat the reason Baba gave for his silence once again.

Man’s inability to live God’s words makes the Avatar’s teaching a mockery. Instead of practicing the compassion he taught, man has waged wars in his name. Instead of living the humility, purity, and truth of his words, man has given way to hatred, greed, and violence. Because man has been deaf to the principles and precepts laid down by God in the past, in this present Avataric form, I observe silence.

No comments: