Saturday, April 07, 2007

I recommand you read this

I was downloading some software today and received a prompt containing the word "recommanded" in regard to a particular course of action. I don't know if it was simply a spelling mistake or a deliberate attempt at humour by combining the words "recommended" and "commanded" into a single composite word. Whatever the reason, I've now adopted the word and its variants (recommand, recommandation etc.) and will use them on appropriate occasions. For example, if a student's concentration has lapsed ten minutes into one of my frequent pedagogical monologues, I can reclaim attention with the warning "I recommand that you listen to what I'm saying".

My posts are likely to be more frequent now because I've discovered that within Microsoft's Word and OneNote, I can simply type something and then choose "blog this". You can send what you've written to the blog of your choice (selecting from a drop-down menu) and it's posted. Simple as that. Attaching photos is a little more complicated but that will be my next step. Of course, you can edit what you've uploaded later if you need to.

No comments: