Thursday, January 29, 2009

Social Networking via Books


A friend introduced me to shelfari, a site where you can keep track of books you've read, books you're currently reading and books you would like to read. You can also write your own reviews and share them with other people. It's quite interesting to reflect back on all the books that you've read over the years. Some of the first books that I can recall reading in the late 1950s were a series of science fiction books written by W.E.Johns who was better known for his Biggles novels. Around the same time, I read another series of science fiction novels, written by Ivan Southall, about a character called Simon Black. There are no biographical details in shelfari for either of these authors so I can supply these if I like, along with a photograph of the author, and everyone can then share this information. Additionally you can add a widget, as I've done, that will appear in this blog showing the book that I am currently reading.

No comments: