Saturday, May 19, 2007

Portable Slideshows


I just noticed that Picasa Web Albums, Google's photo sharing service, now provides a facility whereby you can turn any photo album that you have stored there into a slideshow that can be embedded into a web page or blog. You have the option of choosing from a variety of frame sizes. It just illustrates how easy it is becoming to present personal photos and videos on the Internet in interesting ways. To illustrate the facility, I've chosen the smallest frame size and used my December 2006 photo album containing shots taken when Desy and I visited my brother in Australia. The captions associated with each photograph in the web album can be displayed or not displayed, depending on the user's preference. In this case, I've chosen to display them. Various controls become available once you click on the slideshow. Try it and see.

No comments: