Friday, June 15, 2007

Miss Mary

Let it be known that I am not really all that comfortable on social networking sites. I was invited to join Friendster by a work colleague and thought that I ought to accept because, after all, I'm teaching Information Technology to students who all belong to one or more social networking sites. So far I have three friends (all work colleagues) and 512 so-called second degree friends. I'm afraid I'm almost totally inactive on Friendster but so far I've received two emails from random persons who have viewed my profile. The last one, received yesterday, went like this:

Hello My Dearest One,



Dear how are you today? and how is things moving with you? hope fine and you are in good health. My name is Miss Mary, I am looking for a very nice man of love, caring, sincere, easy going, matured, and understanding, then after going through your profile now on this site ( www.friendster.com) i pick interest in you, so i will like you to write me via my email address which is as follow (mary4u_babyreal@yahoo.com ) so that i will give you my picture for further discussion, because i am really looking forward for a serious friendship with you,



Yours New Friend Mary

That's how easy it is to find new friends on Friendster. I like the phrase "how is things moving with you?" It has a Rastafarian ring to it as in "how is things moving with you, man?" but with "man" really drawn out and sounding like "marn". "Miss Mary" has a nice ring to it as well and I'm definitely "matured" but I'll let someone else run with that one. Feel free to pretend you're me.

No comments: