Sunday, August 19, 2007

Truckies


Apropos the psychic consequences of my twin prime days, all I'll say is that I've had some very strange dreams and quickly move on to something much more concrete, namely truckies. Whereas truckies in Australia are apt to display paintings of semi-naked women on the mudflaps of their trucks' rear tyres, their counterparts in Indonesia have transcended such low carnal urges and taken a more spiritual approach.

The figure on the left is praying, her hands held up in supplication, and the caption says "DOA IBU" which I'd translate as "a praying mother". The figure on the right is holding some Muslim prayer beads and the caption says "MEMBAWA BERKAT" which I'd translate as "brings blessings". I assume there is a connection between the two paintings and that the overall meaning is "a praying mother brings blessings". I should check that translation with Desy but she's asleep now (it's after midnight).

Currently, there is a dangdut concert raging on the other side of the wall of our house, so I don't know how much sleep I'll get tonight. Tomorrow is another prime day, number 21323, and I can probably expect more strange dreams tonight. Desy's biological clock continues to tick as well and this coming Thursday, August 23rd, she'll turn 43. This is the day that the Sun enters Virgo.

No comments: