Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Twin Primes


Blame my recent drought of postings on "blogger's block" and let's move on. Today is a prime day and by that I mean that a prime number of days has elapsed since I hatched. 21317 days to be precise. It turns out that the next odd numbered day (21319) is also prime, thus forming a set of twin primes and engendering within the psyche, for a time at least, a sense of stability, foundation and centredness.

As for the silly photograph, well I've been teaching image editing lately and have been tinkering with photographs. The words are from the first line of Brian Eno's song "Spider and I" which I was listening to while manipulating the image using GIMP (GNU Image Manipulation Program).

Tomorrow, which is almost upon me, will be a tween day: a day sandwiched between two prime days and thus a day to be savoured. Looking ahead, the next odd numbered day is not prime, because 21321 is divisible by 3, but the next odd number (21323) is. Such a concentration of primes is unusual and may have interesting psychic consequences. Watch this space.

No comments: