Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Exercise Time

When I went to England is late March, I dropped my normal exercise routine and since returning to Jakarta I didn't pick it up again. I decided tonight

Tape measure

that it was time to start again because physically I've been feeling stiff and uncoordinated. I had a tape measure so I decided to take some measurements in order to monitor my progress. My waist measurement came in at a disturbing 98cm with 94cm being regarded as acceptable for Western males. My biceps measured 30cm when tensed. Expanded chest was 101cm and unexpanded 101cm. Triceps measured 53cm at groin level. I'll take the same measurements in a month or so and see what sort of progress I've made. I was reminded that while meditation is important, the body needs to be attended to as well.

No comments: