Wednesday, March 28, 2007

Mista Vista


Maybe the horns in my previous post are appropriate because I've been bad. After making rather derogatory comments about Microsoft in previous posts, I now have Windows Vista installed on my laptop. How did I come to embrace the Great Satan? Well it happened like this. The school where I work entered into a software site licence agreement with Microsoft a couple of years ago and part of the deal is an entitlement to free software updates for Office and Windows, whenever they become available. As an employee, I'm can install these programs on the laptop that I use at school, validate the installation with Microsoft over the Internet and the software won't cost me anything.


The temptation was simply too strong, I upgraded my Office 2003 to Office 2007 some weeks ago and after recently increasing my laptop's RAM to a hefty 2Gb, I made the transition from Windows XP to Vista TODAY and earned the moniker "Mista Vista", the first kid on the block to get to play with Microsoft's latest operating system. So far, and it's only been a few hours, I'm quite impressed. It offers a very slick interface and the whole experience is made sweeter by the fact that I haven't had to hand over any of my hard earned dollars to Bill Gates. The photo in this post was taken from the same location as the photo in an earlier post showing Tux (the Linux mascot) towering over Microsoft's head office.

No comments: